Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Drawing of Ike

June 12, 2009 - My anniversary present to Andy was this pencil drawing of Ike. My step-mom gave my Dad a drawing of his dog Haley after she passed away. I loved the drawing so much that I knew that I wanted to have one done of Ike for Andy. Karen Garrard (Griffith) is a very talented artist out of Genoa, IL. She was able to complete this 18 x 24 drawings of Ike in under two weeks. I was so impressed with the completed piece of art when I walked in her house and saw it sitting on the easel. I couldn't wait to give it to Andy. Without a doubt in my mind, he absolutely loved it!!! So that you can compare the original photos to the drawing, I have added them for you at the bottom. I have also added her contact information if you are interested in having her do any artwork.


Karen Garrard (Griffith)
Thank you Karen for creating the perfect gift for my husband!
If you want her phone number, please email (designbyink@yahoo.com) or call me and I will get it to you. I do not want to post it on the blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is AMAZING! I can't believe she did that with pencil. What a great idea - you are so thoughtful.