Friday, August 10, 2007

"Bear" & Congrats!

My friend Nikki’s prayers have been answered and she is now engaged to a wonderful man. John and Nikki planned to be married on January 19th. So the rush is one to plan the wedding of her dreams in less than six months. Everyone is pulling together and I know we can do it! I couldn’t be happier for the two of them. Please help me in congratulating the lucky couple. May God bless your lives and marriage! You can see a picture of Nikki & John on one of my older postings: Click here to see the Picture
Saturday, July 29th, MaKayla and I went to Dixon to of course see Nikki’s ring and celebrate her engagement. It was such a treat to visit my home church, Pastor Don, Pasty and church members. We went out to lunch together and catch up on lost time. The waitress at the White House gave MaKayla a red balloon, which she played with all the way home. MaKayla and Pastor Don
July 28th, MaKayla and I went for a walk with "bear". I have been trying to change her bedtime from 7:00 to 8:00 so that I can spend some more time with her in the evenings. Try as I might, she still found a way to bet me and catch a little catnap. Actually, she is doing much better. It is so nice to have a little extra time with my sweet girl at night.
This is MaKayla after our walk with "bear" in hand. Okay, I have to tell you the story of "bear". She has had him in her crib with her since she was just a little thing. She loves to hold onto "bear" and then such on her thumb when she is sleeping. One day I was straightening up her crib and I moved "bear" (he jingles when moved) and she got all excited and came crawling towards me as fast as she could. I realized it was bear that she wanted and I gave him to her. She hasn’t put "bear" down much since then. I knew she was attached to "bear" for sleeping but didn’t realize he had become such an important little item. So, I went to Wal-Mart where "bear" came from to find a second just in case of the chance of losing him. Well, wouldn’t you know they no longer carry him. He has been replaced by a pink bunny blanket. It is not even the same fabric. I let her play with bunny and she liked him but still preferred "bear". I sure hope we don’t lose "bear".
Saturday, July 21st, Aunt Katie came for a visit. We had a cookout with Uncle Nick, Aunt Vickie, Aunt Katie and Patrick. We had a nice time! MaKayla and Aunt Katie were able to spend some good quality time together bonding. I think MaKayla may have even picked up a couple of Spanish words.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the story of "bear!" I'm sure you'll treasure that little blanket for years!

Roxanne Hanna said...

Hey, at least you remember where "bear" came from. I have no idea where or who "B" came from. Zack always asks and I have no clue.

LWT said...

I'm glad to see that MaKayla and I have so much in common. Bear and Raffi could be great friends ;)