Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer bug

Andy came home with some kind of bug and was under the weather over the weekend. Sunday, August 26th, Here is Daddy resting while MaKayla and him snuggle watching cartoons. I decided a nap sounded like a good idea so I took one with MaKayla. Andy must have taken this picture while we were catching up on some beauty sleep.
Andy mustered up some energy to play with MaKayla while he was home. She had a blast being on top of Daddy’s shoulders.
Daddy taught MaKayla her first lesson on muscle cars. It was so cute watching him teach her about driving a stick shift. If he has his way she will be a gear head.
MaKayla seemed to really enjoy learning about the car and was even helping Daddy make a few adjustments.
Well the 1970 Challenger finally was on the road for the first time in two years…YEAH!! I was a little nervous when he was out that something would happen or it would break down. I was so happy to see a big smile on Andy’s face when he pulled back in the driveway. Of course there are always some minor problems that need fixing. I doubt that the car will ever be totally done. There is always something that can use some tweaking.

Andy is hoping to take the car to a cruise night before the season ends this year.
MaKayla loved being throw in the air. Andy had her laughing so hard! Daddy decided MaKayla was big enough for her wagon. She loved it!!! The little stinker kept standing up in the wagon as Andy pulled it so I had to walk next to her and keep sitting her back down. MaKayla woke up on Sunday night crying. I would get her calmed back down and try to lay her back in her crib and she would start screaming again. After the third attempt, I decided to let her sleep with me. She is such a wiggle worm. I kept waking up with a foot in my face, a hand on my face, feet in my tummy or with her whining looking for her bear. Needless to say, I did not get a good night sleep. Here she is the next day feeling a little better but still congested. She took some toys out of her basket and then crawled in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't know the car was so close to being finished! Yea! It looks great - I know Josh will be excited to see pictures of it too, since we've only seen it with the cover on. Well done! :)

Roxanne Hanna said...

I think MaKayla is trying to pick her nose in the first picture. Let's just hope she doesn't swap where she is sticking the two fingers. hehehe

Unknown said...

MaKayla is getting cuter by the day!.. I think you are going to have your hands full with this little tike. LOL I am happy Andy finally got his car to the point of being able to take it for a ride. Looks great!