Saturday, June 26, 2010

Relay for Life!

June 25, 2010 - My Step-Mom Bonnie did a fabulous job with leading a group "Bonnie's Bosom Buddies" in Relay for Life in Rochelle, IL. She is a breast cancer survivor so it was an honor to be able to support her in the mission to find a cure for the disease! Our booth was the biggest one on the football field and we ended up raising a lot of money! Relay for life started at 5pm and was to end the following morning at 6am but the weather had a different plan for us. We ended up having to tear down our booth and pack up at midnight because of a large storm and wind coming our way. Good thing we did but soon after we got back to my parents the storm hit. The reason that Relay for Life goes though out the night is because, "Cancer Never Sleeps"
My sister Laura and her daughter Julia
We had purple hair extensions for sale in our booth which was a BIG Hit! We also had a quilt raffle, rug raffle, other raffles, bake sale, card sale and face painting. I think I might be forgetting something but you get the idea.
I contributed by doing face painting. $1 for a small and $3 for a large. At first I thought it was a dive because no one came by. To market my services I painted my nephew Caden and he drew in the crowd. The line was so long that I had to recruit my sister Laura to helping with the painting.
Here was one of my mater pieces. I know the whiskers are off but that is what you get when I have a line of 15 people deep.
Me, My Sister Jen, Step-Mom Bonnie & Sister Laura
My nephew Caden is helping me take the lights off the booth

No comments: