Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

June 20, 2010 - Happy Father's Day to my Dad, my Knee, Dad Morris and Grandpa! I love you all very much! I hope your day was as special as each of you are to us!
The kids kicked off the morning by helping to make Daddy breakfast. We couldn't do breakfast in bed because he was up and working before we even got up.
The kids each made Daddy a card
Noah is a cool dude in his shades
I took advantage of the beautiful day to get a family photo in our front yard. Thanks goes to our neighbor Joe for putting up with us in trying to get a picture with all of us looking. Great job Joe, I appreciate all your efforts!
Daddy with his princess and his little man
Noah with Eek a Mouse & Daddy
I thought this was cute of them playing together
They look like they are up to trouble!
Daddy's girl!
A princess pose!
Later in the day, the kids gave Daddy their gifts. A personalized beer glass, perfect!
The kids are carrying a bird house they painted for Daddy
Painted with love for Daddy!
Daddy loved his beer mug!
He really loved the hand painted bird house. Each of the kids picked out two paint colors. I bet you would never guess that MaKayla picked pink and purple. Noah picked blue and lime green. I did help them a little but for the most part they did the work. We found a sponge that MaKayla created the polka dots with. I gave Noah the choice of line or polka dots and he choose line. The bird house looks like something that would come from Wonderland. The kids did a great job and were very proud of their art!
I painted the bottom with their names and the year
Both helped Daddy mow the lawn. I love it when they mow because it gives me a break all to myself!
A butterfly landed on Noah's arm but he was unsure of it harmless visit
Daddy power washed his truck. MaKayla thought that the toy car needed a wash too.
Daddy with his gifts from the kids. It didn't take him long to pour his first beer in his new glass.
June 18, 2010 - Noah is a bit of a messy painter. He didn't like have a blue hand and I had to keep wiping it off for him.
MaKayla & Noah are hard at work paining a bird house for Daddy for a gift for Father's Day.
MaKayla wanted to dress it up by adding pink polka dots. The project took much longer than I had anticipated! We had to let it dry between coats in the hot sun. We ended up finishing five minutes before Daddy came home from work. We had to hide it while it was still wet. Talk about cutting it close!!

No comments: