Friday, May 23, 2008

Announcing Noah Andrew Morris

Introducing the Arrival of Noah Andrew Morris
Born on May 16, 2008 at 11:41pm
6 pounds 12 ounces
19 ½ inches

May 16, 008
I woke up at 3:30am with contractions with pain. I have been contracting for so long I was afraid that I wouldn’t know if I went into labor but these contractions were much stronger and combined with cramping. I got out of bed at 5:30am because I just couldn’t handle lying in bed with the pain. It felt better to walk around. I spend the day doing laundry and getting the house ready for the baby. I was doing really well with laboring at home and thought that my water would break or the pain would intensify letting me know when to go to the hospital. At 9:45am my contractions were 5 minutes apart but they didn’t hurt as bad as I thought they should so I decided to stay home. At 12:15pm, I called Andy to come home from work. I wasn’t sure if I was really progressing so I went to my doctor’s office to have him check me. We arrived at the doctor’s office at 2:40pm and I was 4-5 cm dilated and was directed to go directly to the hospital. At 3:35pm the nurse checked me at the hospital and I was 7 cm dilated. Everything was progressing faster than I had anticipated. I was afraid that I would loss my window of getting an epidural. At 4:55 my epidural was in place and I was relaxed. I wanted an epidural because I had such a difficult delivery with MaKayla and wanted to prevent the experience that I had before. Dr. Manas broke my water at 7:15pm. At 9:30pm, I was completely dilated. We decided to wait an hour to let the head move down more. Being on bed rest for 14 weeks has made me very weak and Dr. Manas wanted to limit the time I would have to push. At 10:30pm, I started pushing with contractions 5 minutes apart. It was nice to have a break in between and reserve my strength. At 11:41pm, our little bundle of joy entered the world! Daddy announced, “It’s a BOY!” We both were overjoyed. Dr. Manas laid Noah Andrew on my chest where Andy and I could bond immediately. After a few minutes of bonding, he was taken to the warmer.

Our sweet baby boy was having a little difficulty with his breathing, air in his tummy and low blood pressures so he was taken to the NICU to be monitored over night. After recovering for a little while, I was allowed to visit Noah in the NICU. It was so hard to see our sweet baby with a tube down his mouth, monitors and the IV in his arm. I was unable to hold him while he was being monitored and it was very difficult for me to stand more than a minute so I was wheeled back to my room to recover. Andy and I finally settled into bed at 3:30am. It has been a very long and emotional day!

May 17, 2008 at 6:00am, we received a call from the NICU to come on over so that Andy could help with Noah’s first bath. Noah was finally weighed and had his foot prints done as well. It was nice to be able to watch and take pictures while I sat in a wheel chair.

Proud Daddy with foot prints on his chest!

May 17, 2008
Daddy was able to help give Noah his first bath in the NICU.

At 8:20am, Noah was released from the NICU and was brought to our room. We were finally able to bond together as a family.

Mommy was finally able to feed Noah for the first time.

Mommy, Daddy and Baby Noah!

Mommy and her new baby BOY!

May 18, 2008
Little Noah all ready for his hospital pictures before we head home.

Mommy and her sweet baby boy!

Daddy and his precious little boy!

Noah looks so small in his car seat. We are all ready to head home!

Daddy giving MaKayla a Cabbage Patch Doll so she now she has her own baby.

May 18, 2008
MaKayla received a few gifts which made the celebration of Noah a little sweeter for her. Here she is wearing her new Mickey Mouse ears from Aunt Vickie and Uncle Nick. She also received a beautiful heart and cross necklace from Grandmama Baker. She didn’t want to take it off. Andy had to sneak it off her while she was sitting on his lap before bed time.

May 19, 2008
MaKayla is holding Noah for the first time. She is such a good BIG Sister!

Daddy and his two babies!

May 20, 2008
Noah has lots of dark curly hair.

Our sweet baby boy!

Tiny Little Feet

What a cutie pie!

Mommy and her two babies!

Big Sister MaKayla is holding her brother’s hand. MaKayla is doing exceptionally well with accepting her little brother into the family. She gives him lots of kisses and tries to give him toys and his blanket. She even pats his bottom when she sees me trying to burp him. It is so cute to watch her being so affectionate with Noah. We make sure we give MaKayla undivided individual attention from each of us and always welcome her on to our lap while we are holding Noah. I think that it has really helped with making the transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4 easier on MaKayla.

Daddy and Noah snuggling

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm thrilled you have a healthy baby boy! Holly

Unknown said...

Baby Noah is so precious - and such a miracle (they all are!) We are so excited that everything went well for you and that baby Noah is so healthy. I love the pictures of MaKayla with her new baby brother - especially the one with her holding Noah's hand. Awww...

Lindsay said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEANNA, ANDY AND BIG SISTER MAKAYLA! WHAT A GORGEOUS BABY BOY. NOAH IS SUCH A SWEET NAME. IM SO GLAD EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL. I CRIED WHEN I SAW THE NICU PICTURES ON YOUR BLOG. THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SO HARD. IM SO GLAD EVERYONE IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY. LOTS OF LOVE FROM THE MAYFIELD FAMILY! =)

Roxanne Hanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxanne Hanna said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!! He is adorable. I can't believe how huge MaKayla looks when you are holding them both. She is getting to be such a big girl. Give them both kisses from Aunt Roxy.

xoxoxo

LWT said...

Oh my goodness! MaKayla looks SO big next to Noah! I guess that puts things into perspective. I can't wait to see you guys soon!