Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Home Stretch!


May 10, 2008 36 Weeks Pregnant!
We have made it further than expected in this pregnancy, praise God!!!! Dr. Manas is pleased with baby and my progress. I went to the doctor on May 8th and Dr. Manas told me that I could stop the Terbutaline pump and other medicine on May 12th. He also gave me permission to start getting up and around slowly to build up my strength. Andy and I have decided to continue to lay low and stay on the meds a little longer. Most likely the baby’s lungs will be mature enough at 37 weeks and we would love to get as close to the 37th week as possible. Dr. Manas is concerned because the baby looks to be about 6 ½ pounds already and I had trouble delivering MaKayla at 6lbs. 6oz. I am 1 cm dilated but you can stay that way for weeks. I am sure that we will have a birthday sooner than later. We will just have to wait and see.


May 3, 2008 35 Weeks Pregnant!
Dr. Manas returned from his vacation which made Andy and I feel better. We want him to deliver our baby since we have all worked so hard together in this pregnancy. It had been a few weeks since I had seen Dr. Manas. He came in during our ultrasound to check on baby and I. Baby was still breech so he decided to feel how easy it would be to do a version (flip the baby). He started pushing and pulling and asking me if I could handle the pain if we decided to go forward with the version. Before I could answer, he had flipped our baby into the head down position. I was so thankful that he just went with his gut instinct and did it. Andy and I didn’t have to agonize over the decision. After some monitoring, I was able to go back home. Baby looked beautiful!


April 26, 2008 34 Weeks Pregnant!
Baby really cooperated during the ultrasound this week. We were able to get some really good 4D shots. I wish that I had a way to scan and share them with all of you. Bed rest makes it impossible for me to accomplish that, sorry! Baby is still breech and Andy and I will have to make a decision soon on either moving forward with a version (flipping the baby) which carries complications or a c-section. We will wait until Dr. Manas returns from his vacation and get his input.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must feel so great to be at the end now - and know that you're going to meet this little one soon! You are so blessed!