Monday, June 25, 2007

Crawling...off to the races!

MaKayla is crawling all over like a champ now! Just two weeks ago she crawled for the first time and was very unsure of herself and would move each limb carefully and have to steady herself. Now, she is off for the races! She likes to chase after Ike our English BullDog and play with his toes. Ike is really good about it and just gets up and finds another place to lay for a couple seconds of peace before she gets to him again. Poor Ike, MaKayla is finally paying back for all those times he has licked her. Now, if I could only get her to leave Ike’s bones alone. She is keeping me on my toes with taking them away from her.

Andy put up a baby gate at the top of our stairs yesterday. She was so cute; she crawled over to the gate to see what Daddy was doing. They were touching noses through the gate it was so cute! We had to make the gate a little higher off the ground so our cat could squeeze through to get to the basement and his litter box. I wish you could have seen us yesterday as we were measuring for the height of the gate. I kept pushing our cat under the gate to see how low we could make it but have it high enough for Chewie to make it under it. It is so funny to see him get his fat butt under the gate.
While MaKayla was playing with Daddy she decided to pull herself by the gate and stand. She even let go with one hand. Later she was playing with Daddy on the floor and let go with both hands for a split second and stood all by herself! She is getting so big!
Daddy took this picture of Ike. He is loves to have his picture taken!
I helped MaKayla put some quarters in her piggy bank. She didn’t understand why I wouldn’t let her have them to put in her mouth.
MaKayla and Daddy playing together right before he had to leave for the week. It is so hard on all of us having him gone. I hate saying "goodbye".

MaKayla’s 6th tooth popped through on Thursday, June 21st and the 7th one is ready to come through any day. Those little two front teeth have really been painful for her. I can’t wait until the other one pops through. Hopefully she will have a little break for awhile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww... I can't believe she's crawling already!! I love the picture of Andy behind the gate. I think I recognize that dress that MaKayla is wearing - it's cute! :o) I think MaKayla is almost caught up to Lydia already on teeth - she's getting them fast!