Saturday, May 14, 2011

Noah's 3rd Birthday Party!


I made Noah's invite with Photo Shop. For the blog I took off the address and phone number. I sometimes get spam on here so I have to be careful with personal information.




May 14, 2011 - Noah's birthday party has finally arrived. I love planning my kids birthday parties and start the planning process way in advance.

Noah loved seeing his cake!

My little man and me!


Noah had to investigate every detail of the cake. He is a details man just like his Daddy!
This was the most challenging cake that I have done so far. Not just because of the size but also all the detail.
Happy Birthday Handsome Boy! Bird's eye view of the cake
From a side view you can see that the race track is banked on the sides. The middle of the cake is two 9x13 cakes stacked. The sides are 3 stacked halves of 9 inch cakes. I then carved the cake to make it bank. The grandstand is made out of a total of three nine inch round cakes cut, stacked, carved and covered in white fondant. I made homemade chocolate frosting and tinted it black. For the checker board I used white fondant and attached each individual square. I had Andy cut a piece of wood for a standard full size cake. I then attached a cake board to it and covered the two in black paper. It took me from baking to putting it in the box over 10 hours to complete. Now you have the major details of the cake. I won't bore you with the rest.




When everyone started coming in Noah got a little shy. He ran over to Nana for some reassurance.

Papa, Nana & Noah

Grandma Morris is making punch

Daddy with the birthday boy!

Grandpa Morris gave MaKayla a movie all about kittens.

Noah is making his wish
Blow the candles out and make your wish come true!

Noah loves what he calls his, "movie chair" from Grandma PJ and his blanket from Papa & Nana. He got a lot of Cars items for his birthday and loved everything!!!

Giving kisses to Great Grandpa Johnson

MaKayla talked Aunt Vickie & Uncle Nick into playing with her in the nursery

Noah is testing out his new lawn chair.

Us with our birthday boy!

One big happy family!

One happy little boy!

Playing with his new Mach Truck from Grandma & Grandpa Morris

Aunt Katie & Uncle Patrick came all the way from Cleveland, OH and Michigan for the party. They won the award for the longest drive. Thanks for coming, it was so good to see you!

Noah and Grandma Morris

We didn't get five miles before Noah fell asleep. One tired out birthday boy!

MaKayla fell asleep too. It was a nice quiet ride for awhile.

Noah didn't want to sleep in his bed. He wanted to sleep in his, "movie chair" with his new sleep sack. It was so cute!

What a cutie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DeAnna, your cake is INCREDIBLE!!! If mine looks half as good as yours I'll be happy. :) I bet Noah just loved his party. I also loved the invitation you made - and wish I had a current version of Photoshop to do the same. You're so creative! What a big boy Noah is!