Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Up North" Fun!

Our annual after Christmas trip “Up North” is one of our favorite times of the year. It is a time of togetherness with family, relaxation, snowmobiling, hopefully lots of snow, card games, good food, falling asleep during the middle of late night movies, downtown shopping for the girls, the men smelling up the house and just good old fashioned fun times. Unfortunately this year, most of the family was not able to make it “Up North” due to a lot of unforeseen circumstances with sick family members and a diagnosis of breast cancer with my Step Mom. We were the only ones “Up North” for the first few days and then my Dad was able to join us for the last couple of days. It was sad not to have everyone there and took some getting used to having the cabin to our selves. We still had a wonderful time but it was definitely different.
December 30, 2008 – We went sledding at Lake Tomahawk. MaKayla is a little dare devil, she is not afraid of anything! She loved sledding with Daddy on the big hill. They even hit the jump on accident and she flew off the sled. When Andy got to her she said, “again Daddy”. Noah slept in the truck the whole time.
Talk about perfect timing with the camera. Here is Andy and MaKayla when the hit the jump on the hill.
Daddy, MaKayla and Noah at the sledding hill at Lake Tomahawk.
Andy bought a used sled with very low miles and is like a kid in the candy store in love with it. January 1, 2009 – MaKayla went on her first snowmobile ride on this trip and loved it! Actually her very first ride was the evening before when it was dark. Andy took her down to the park and she started pulling on his arms. He thought she was scared so he shut off the snowmobile. She wasn’t scared at all but was pointing to the stars in the sky and started singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Start”. The two of them just sat and shared a very special moment together that will always leave a cherished memory for Andy.
January 2, 2009 – My 33rd Birthday! It was a special day for me. My Dad and I went on a snowmobile ride just the two of us to the Wolf Pack. They have the best blueberry pancakes and I always look forward to eating there every time we come “Up North”. It has been several years since I have been sledding and I really enjoyed it. It was really nice to have some bonding time with my Dad! Thanks Dad for taking it slow for me!
My Step Mom made me a really yummy birthday cake and sent it up with my Dad. Thanks Bonnie for making my birthday special! MaKayla enjoyed helping me blow out the candles.We all went out for my birthday dinner at the White Tail Inn. Another one of my favorite places to eat. Andy, Dad, Bonnie and the kids all made my birthday extra special and I really appreciate it! Thank you!
The kids and I at my birthday dinnerJanuary 3, 2009 – Andy and MaKayla on another snowmobile ride. She was so cute, she would bring all of her snow gear to me and ask me to put it on her for her to “go on ride”.
January 4, 2009 – Our final day at the cabin. We had a great time and it was sad to leave. The time seemed to fly by as it always does when we are “Up North”. Hopefully next year the entire family will be able to able to come up. Before we left, I had to get some pictures of both of the kids in the snow. Noah spent most of the time in the car or indoors since he is too young to really enjoy the snow yet. We had to at least get him in the white stuff for a few minutes and he loved it!
MaKayla and Noah enjoying the last few minutes in the snow.
Our blue snow bunny!

No comments: