Friday, June 03, 2011

Bug Cake Pops!

June 3, 2011 - This was a very busy weekend. I had a garage sale and two cake orders. One of which was cancelled because my brother's girlfriend ended up in the hospital the night before her baby shower. I got a call for a last minute order of 50 cake pops and an individual cake for a first birthday. These cake pops about killed me! In order to match her colors I used candy colors but it made the chocolate too think. The only way I could make them was to do so in a mold. Then I had to make a hole on the bottom and insert a stick. It took me 12 hours. It was definitely a learning experience to say the least! I don't want to see another cake pop for a long time!!!! I was so tired I forgot to take a photo of the green bugs before I put them in the box.
1st birthday cake - I am not happy with my writing. I need more practice!

I also made her two very large cake pops to use as decoration.

No comments: