Tuesday, April 05, 2011

My Magma

April 4, 2011 - My sister came home because we had made the difficult decision that it was time for Grandma to be placed in a nursing home. Roxy curled Grandma's hair before we took her.
Roxy and Grandma in the foyer of the nursing home. A lot of behind the scenes work went into finding Grandma the perfect place.

My twin brothers Michael and Markus with Grandma

April 5, 2011 - We all had breakfast together before going to visit Grandma. His girlfriend Nissa is pregnant with my niece and is due in July.

I took the kids for a visit with Grandma. There were a lot of tears shed the day before but Grandma is actually doing better than any of us imagined. Thank God for everyday miracles!

Magma and me

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease that leaves families with a long goodbye! My heart goes out to anyone who has a loved one with the disease!

No comments: