Monday, October 18, 2010

Craft Time!

October 17, 2010 - MaKayla wanted to paint and decorate a keep sake box for Grandma Morris's birthday present. She has taken after me and the love of crafts. I took her to Michael's and she picked out the box, paint and decorations all on her own. It was cute to watch her creative side come out.
She is being careful and not getting paint everywhere!\
She would not let me help her.
October 18, 2010 - Noah painted a bird house for Grandpa Morris's birthday present. He picked out the brightest red he could find.
He did a great job painting every little bit of wood!
He was careful not to get any on his hands.
After painting, Noah layed down to take a nap. Chewie was taking a nap in his bed with him but it was short lived.
MaKayla decided she needed to make Great Grandpa a box to keep his "good luck charm" in. Great Grandpa gave MaKayla a matching "good luck charm" to his for her birthday. When ever Great Grandpa looks at his "good luck charm" he will think of MaKayla and visa versa. We keep MaKayla's in a little treasure box in my room so it does not get lost. Every day MaKayla comes up to our room and take her "good luck charm" out of her box and puts it up to her heart and says a little prayer like, "Great Grandpa you are so special in my heart! I love you!" Once again, we we went to Michael's to find a box. She wanted to stain this one to match hers.
I should have taken pictures of the finish art projects that MaKayla and Noah completed but somehow I forgot!

No comments: