Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tinkerbell 4th Birthday Party

September 18, 2010 - MaKayla wanted to have a Tinkerbell birthday party with friends this year. She was invited to several parties and asked if she could invite her friends to our house for her birthday. I had a blast planning a Fairy special party for Fairy special Pixie!
Fairy MaKayla, I hope your birthday was the fairybration of your Pixie dreams. You made my dreams come true and I love you!
Andy and I had the living room decorated before she woke up. There was a Tinkerbell outfit waiting for the special Pixie on her chair. She was so excited when she woke up and saw everything! Fairy MaKayla couldn't wait to put on her wings!
She kept asking me every 2 minutes when her friends were going to come.
She is waiting by the window waiting for her "fairy friends" and "lost boys" to arrive.
I had to work hard to try and capture photos of the flying fairy!
A sweetie little fairy!
I made Fairy Tea Sandwiches
I pre-ordered and paid for these balloons but when Andy went to pick them up they were not ready. They finally found my order but were really backed up so Andy had to wait for them. He told the lady she was lucky that I was not the one picking them up because I was really mad. Which was not a lie, he called me and I was really upset. We had very little time between dance practice and the party. There was no time for errors. Andy made it home just in time with the balloons and all my money back! Some things do work out nicely!
MaKayla gets to see her cake for the first time before her guests arrive. I kept it a secret to make it more special. This is the most difficult cake I have done so far and I think it turned out pretty well!
MaKayla gave the cake a thumbs up!
She was super excited about her cake. It made all the time I put in to it worth it! The fairies actually double as stampers which she can't wait to use!
MaKayla making a silly face at me!
She kept trying to sneak some frosting but I made her wait until her guests arrived.
The cake was three layers with a waterfall. This was my first time making flowers, leaves and vines. I had to practice on wax paper to get the technique down. I could still use some practice.
The best part was it was super moist and yummy!
MaKayla helped me make fairy fruit wands for the party
The first honorary fairy guest arrives. Emma is her little friend who lives across the street. The two of them have become very close and treat each other like sisters.
The kids went on a fairy hunt to find loot bags that were hidden in the woods. They had to find a bag to earn their wings for the girls and lost boys accessories for the boys. The kids had a blast!
It was cute watching them run around.
Here is her friend Alyssa after I did her fairy face painting.
Fairy MaKayla found her loot bag.
Noah found his hiding by a tree.
The boys earned animal hats and clip on tails. I also painted their faces to make them look like animals.
Each kid decorated a wooden treasure chest with jewels and fake coins. Then they filled their chests with treasures from their loot bags. Andy and I stained each treasure chests before the party so the kids could just have fun decorating them. This was a huge hit!
A group photo of all the fairies and lost boys!
Everyone worked up an appetite outside so we moved inside to eat some fairy food. The kids had fairy tea sandwiches, fairy fruit wands, fairy berry punch and Mermaid Lagoon fish crackers. There was also other food for those who were a bit more hungry than a wee little fairy.
"Happy Birthday to You Fairy MaKayla"
MaKayla's wish was for her Daddy, "because he is so special in my heart." It was so cute!
The three of us before the cake is devoured!
MaKayla is opening her fairy presents for her guests.
Emma gave MaKayla these cute ballerina pajamas. She couldn't wait to put them on and jump on her bed.
There were two treasure chests left over after the party so MaKayla decorated one for Daddy and one for Mommy. MaKayla and Daddy are showing off their treasure chests. Something I am sure Daddy will treasure always!
Mommy and MaKayla with our treasure chests. I love mine! I will always treasure it!
MaKayla is counting her fake coins that she stashed in her treasure chests. So that is where they went =)
September 19, 2010 - The morning after her party the little fairy was tired! She decided she needed to take a shower in Mommy & Daddy's shower. She used my hair towel just like I do. I caught her looking at herself in the mirror and it was just too cute!

No comments: