Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Party Preparations

September 16, 2010 - I decided to make MaKayla's birthday cake a couple of days before the party since I had someone available to keep the kids occupied while I worked on the cake. I am glad I did because it took much longer than I had anticipated. It would have been very difficult to do with two kids demanding my attention as well! I let the kids help with licking the betters and bowl and then they were off having fun with Meygan.
Mmm, Good!
September 17th, 2010 - MaKayla made "Fairy Dust" for her birthday guests. She chose Tinkerbell's colors: purple & green.
Faith, Trust & a little bit of Pixie Dust!
I found these adorable tiny jars in the travel size section at Walmart. They come in a two pack and worked out perfectly for the Pixie Dust! It was a very simple recipe for those of you who might be curious. Aloe Vera gel, fine glitter and gel food coloring. I did not add fragrance because I wanted all the girls to be able to wear it and did not want to have any allergy issues.

No comments: