Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wildlife Park

August 8, 2010 - It was a cloudy day so we decided to go to the Wild Life Park. Noah loved the big rabbit.

MaKayla liked petting the goat until they surrounded her and jumped up to get a snack

Noah wanted to pet the little baby goats
MaKayla loved the baby rabbits and wanted to take one home. She said, "maybe for my birthday". Let me think about it, NO WAY! We just got rid of the fish!
Daddy is feeding the black bear
A new bird exhibit was added this year. You could buy bird sticks and feed them.
MaKayla liked feeding the birds.
Noah did it for a little while but grew bored.
While Noah and I were waiting for Daddy and MaKayla to finish feeding the birds we went outside. Noah occupied himself in this underground tunnel.
Noah is feeding the deer a snack
This was one lazy deer. He just waited until someone came to him with the food. MaKayla was happy to oblige.
MaKayla and Daddy are giving the bear some bear juice. He sure was a messy drinker!
We finished feeding the goats the rest of our critter biscuits
MaKayla talked Daddy into buying her a monkey
Noah picked out a snake
We promised Noah he could ride the train on the way out. Of course he couldn't wait and took the front seat.
MaKayla chose the caboose. I am not sure if she really liked the last car or just wanted to get away from her brother =)
After our trip to the Wild Life Park, the kids wanted to go swimming. With both kids swimming it really takes both Andy and I in the water now. With the sun behind the clouds and only about 74 degrees it was a bit chilly!! Not my idea of ideal swimming weather but the kids didn't care so we took the plunge!
Not sure why it turned my picture this way but you get the idea. Now that Noah is in a toddler bed he won't sleep in a pack-n-play either. We had to take turns sleeping with each kid. Sleep time was a challenge!!! We were all in the basement were there are two beds. However, the kids would not go to sleep unless someone was down there supervising. So I had to lay with Noah until he went to sleep and then sneak back up stairs. Otherwise, he kept getting out of bed and climbing up the stairs. Oh yeah, MaKayla kept scaring her brother by putting a blanket over her head and going over to Noah's bed and making scary noises. One night it took us over 1 1/2 hours to get them to sleep. My the end Andy and I were exhausted!
August 9, 2010 - We spent the morning at the lake before packing up to leave. Noah and I took the kayak out while Daddy and MaKayla swam.
Noah played with his snake outside while I packed and cleaned the cabin.
MaKayla has a monkey on her back. We all had a great time and didn't want to leave!
Noah fell asleep as we pulled out of the driveway! He was one tuckered out little boy!
Fresh air, beautiful woods, warm water and fun will do that do you!
On the way home, we picked up my new table and chairs that I bought while were were up over the 4th of July! Yeah, I can't wait to get them home!

2 comments:

Katie said...

The photos are beautiful! I can't believe how much the kids have grown :). I am so excited to see them in less than a week! Thank you for sharing, and continue to update the Blog! Aunt Katie

Anonymous said...

OMG DeAnna...

you are still my rock thru some tough times....

now my grace is with my kiddos- they drive me crazy, but when the boy had a wipe in his booty after pottying somewhere and throwing the aftermath in the garbage.... well, they are my sunshine.
but u, my dear, you and family are wonderful.
love you lots!!!