Saturday, August 28, 2010

Noah's 2 Year Photos

August 24, 2010 - Noah's photos are in, YEAH!!!
August 13, 2010 - We were finally able to get Noah's 2 year photos completed!!! This was quite an undertaking! I had to cancel four photo session. 1) In May, Noah had several bruises on his forehead. 2) June 6, Noah fell and cut his eye and bruised it. 3) Trying to keep the mosquito bites off his face was next to impossible! 4) July 26, I accidentally locked Noah in the car. It took over a half hour for the police to get to us and another 5-10 minutes to get Noah out. In the mean time he clawed his face and made it bleed in several places because he was so hot and upset.

We had another appointment set on August 13th at 11am with JCPenny's in Green Bay. The JCPenny's in Appleton does not have a portrait studio. I had to keep Noah indoors most of the week to keep him from being eaten alive by mosquitos and getting any more cuts or bruises on his face. Of course, MaKayla had an off morning and we were running late for our appointment. Not to mention the down pouring rain. While driving to our appointment I called ahead to find out they could not accommodate our tardiness so we would have to reschedule for 4pm. I called Sears to see if they could fit us in and not one answered so I thought I would press my luck and run over there. By the time the three of us entered the store we were all wet and Noah had chocolate down the front of him. I almost started to cry. Sears was totally booked and could not get us in until 4pm either. I decided to call the photo shoot off for the day. We went home, ate lunch and I put the kids down for a nap. After a little time to collect myself I decided I better get the photos done today or it will never happen. So, I called JCPenny's in Green Bay to see if the appointment at 4pm was still available and it was. Next, I washed Noah's outfit. Third, I rested up for the battle ahead.

This time we ended up getting out the door ahead of schedule and the rain had stopped. Things were looking up! We had a great young photographer who was wonderful with the kids. The photo session when as smooth as possible and we were in and out of there in record time. I am so glad that I decided to go ahead and try again!
I thought this photo looked the best in sepia. It gives it an old world charm with the train outfit.
I don't know how she was able to get this photo. He put the whistle up to his lips and threw in all less than a second. Talk about perfect timing!

My handsome boy!

By the time we got to this outfit he was getting tired of his photo being taken. I am glad that this was the last outfit that I put him in.
I thought this was a cute picture of him playing with his trains
Noah's favorite trains: Percy & Chocolate
This is the outfit that I had to wash. I am happy that they couldn't accommodate us earlier in the day because the pictures would not have turned out as good with us being wet and with chocolate on Noah's shirt that I tried to get out using wet wipes. At the time it was a pain but it all ended up being worth it!
MaKayla asked to have her pictures taken as well. I agreed that she could as long as she did it with Noah. Who says bribery doesn't work?

I love this one of MaKayla and Noah on their tummies!
I took advantage of the opportunity to get my photo taken with the kids. I am glad I did! I am happy with the photos and even happier that it is over and we have finally accomplished getting Noah's 2 year photos. Hopefully it will go smoother the next time!

No comments: