Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have a Valentine's Fairy that flies around and drops off little goodies like balloons, candy hearts sprinkled on the kitchen table and a bag with a little fairy present inside for each kid. The kids get a kick out of the fairy dust fairytale.


Noah got a little car and MaKayla got a little Strawberry Shortcake.
It didn't take Noah long to figure out the candy was buy far the sweetest!
MaKayla enjoyed the balloons!
Andy was out of town and would be home in the late afternoon. The kids and I enjoyed a breakfast of heart shaped pancakes and pink strawberry milk! Yummy!
My kids sure do have sweet teeth. I wonder where they get that from? =)
The kids and I made large sugar cookies. Andy and I love Cookies by Design cookies. The only problem is they are so expensive. Last year, I searched online and found a recipe that is very similar to the cookies that we love. I decided not to put mine on sticks this year but I can attest that these cookies are definitely able to stand on a stick. The cookies I made were 5/8" thick with royal icing and very yummy!! Also, the dough does not spread and loose its shape at all when baking. It is hard to tell in the pictures but some of the cookies have a scalloped edge. If you are interested in the recipes you can find it here. http://cookiemadness.net/?p=586 Look for Michelle Bommarito's Sugar Cookies for sticks.
MaKayla is enjoying her sweet reward after her efforts.
Valentine's gifts we gave the kids. I love couponing and saving lots of money. Can you believe I was able to get those back packs for only $1.
The kids made us Valentine's at daycare.
MaKayla is showing off her favorite cookie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job! Your cookies look great! You must have a really steady hand to do such a good job with the writing. Thanks for the recipe - I am definitely keeping that one on hand! Have you ever tried making a glaze and dipping the cookies to frost them? It's my favorite way to frost cookies because they are so smooth and it's so easy. I think you can do it with cupcakes too, though I've never tried it.