Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkin Picking

October 20th
MaKayla had her one-year check up at the doctors. Poor thing had to get four shots. She is perfectly healthy. She is in the 20th percentile. Great things come in small packages. Afterwards, we went to Edward’s Apple Orchard to pick out our pumpkins. MaKayla had a good time and picked out her pumpkin right away. We put three little pumpkins in front of her and let her choose which one she wanted. Of course we had to get some yummy donuts and apple cider. MaKayla really enjoyed helping me eat my donut and loved the apple cider. It was a great time!
Later that day the shots had set in and she didn’t feel that well so we just lounged the rest of the day. One little cutie bug!
This is the pumpkin that MaKayla picked out.
Two cuties!
October 21st
MaKayla loves to sit in her Princess chair and watch cartoons. She has become quite cleaver and has learned that if she climbs up in the chair she can then climb up on the couch. Little stinker!
Poor baby still wasn’t feeling the best but we decided to carve our pumpkins. Daddy cut off the top so that MaKayla could clean hers out but she thought it tasted too good to throw away.
She got one good hand full with Daddy’s help then we had to take it away and finish it for her because she kept eating it. Yummy!
MaKayla’s little pumpkin turned out cute! Good job Daddy!
MaKayla will all three of our pumpkins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What special family memories! :)

Roxanne Hanna said...

You are more brave than I am. I put Logan in his playpen while I carved pumpkins.

I love the picture of M eating the pumpkin. I especially like the fly who decided to intrude in the picture by landing on her head.

My favorite pumpkin is the scary face one. That is awesome. I don't think I will embarrass myself and put my pictures up now. I am supposed to be the artist and all of mine are awful. That is what you get when you do it all alone out in the dark while your baby is screaming for the neighbors to hear.