Thursday, January 18, 2007

We lost the battle against the thumb!

MaKayla has liked her thumb even when she was in the womb. Since she was born, MaKayla would try and suck on her hand but couldn’t quite figure out how to get her thumb in her mouth. Andy and I have tried to discourage MaKayla against sucking her thumb by giving her a binky. She likes her binky but know she has learned how to get her thumb in her mouth consistently. We have lost the battle! She still sucks on a binky but whenever she is tired only the thumb will do. One morning last week I heard some little noises coming from MaKayla's room and found her sucking her little thumb. I have to admit it is really cute! I am just not looking forward to breaking the habit in the future.



Here she is in her swing. Thumb in her mouth and holding onto her Pooh blanket with the other hand. I am amazed at how well she is doing with her hands.







I took this picture when MaKayla and Daddy were snuggling on the couch before bedtime. You can’t see it but she always has a hold of your shirt when she is snuggling. Too cute!!!









My friend Shannon has decided that watching MaKayla and her daughter was a little too much. After much research, many interviews and careful consideration we found a wonderful woman to watch our daughter. Tati and her family came to the US from Turkey seven years ago. As soon as we meet her we felt comfortable with her and her family. The instant that we walked in the house she picked up MaKayla, started swaying, talking and kissing on her. She is a very loving person! MaKayla started going to Tati’s house on Monday. Tati always tells me how good she has been and how she has missed me. I still go for my lunch hour visits, which I love. There are 5 other children and a full time helper. MaKayla really seems to like the other kids. She is always smiling and laughing at them. One little boy, Aiden who is 2, has really taken a liking to her. Tati calls him her boyfriend. Aiden often climbs up in my lap with MaKayla or lifts his arms for me to pick him up. It is really cute! The kids all love Tahi. One little boy cries when he has to leave. It makes me feel so good as a Mom to know that such a loving person is taking care of my baby. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Tati’s house is only three minutes away from work. I get to spend even more time with her at lunch now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe... what a cutie. I'm so glad to hear that the new babysitter is working out. I'm sure that had to be a bit stressful.

Hope you're great :)

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to be able to check this web page and see the milestones that MaKayla is going through. I can see we have alot to look forward to, and I can tell that soon we to will loose the battle to the thumb!