Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Our Independent Girl!

March 2, 2008
MaKayla once again took her boots, hat and mittens to Daddy this morning. He knew right away what she wanted so they went outside to play in the snow again today. She loves being outside! This time they built a big snowman. Well, I think MaKayla mostly supervised. The two of them came to the door and asked for something for the eyes and nose of their snowman. So, I gave them an Oreo and carrot. Somehow the Oreo came up missing and I had to give them another one. Hmm, I wonder what happened to the first one. Once again, she threw a fit when it was time to come in for lunch. She threw herself on the floor. We just had to let her throw her temper tantrum and ignore her. I have a feeling that she is going to be a high energy, outgoing, very independent outdoorsy girl!

MaKayla is putting her finishing touches on her snowman. Or, she could be trying to steal one of the Oreo eyes, I am not sure which.

MaKayla and Daddy with their completed snowman

MaKayla supervising Daddy while he is hard at work!


March 1, 2008
MaKayla took her boots, hat and mittens to Daddy and in her own little way ask for him to put them on her. We soon figured out that she didn’t just want them on as usual she wanted to go outside and play. So, Daddy and MaKayla got all bundled up and went outside and played in the snow. It was a nice day for it. Andy pulled MaKayla around the back yard on her little red sled. Then they sat and played in the snow. Well, MaKayla ate all the snow she touched. Then the built an itsy bitsy snowman. I had to take a picture of her first snowman. Andy tried to bring MaKayla inside on two different attempts but she protested so much that he gave in and they played outside a while longer. Finally, he had to make her come in to warm up but she put up a fight kicking and screaming.



February 25, 2008
MaKayla loves watching her Little People video while I am monitoring contractions. I think that I have video almost memorized by now. I am going to have to look into purchasing some new videos for her.



February 25, 2008
It is never too early to start thinking about college. My friend Karen gave MaKayla this Duke University shirt. Hmmm, can you guess where she graduated from?



February 24, 2008
We thought since MaKayla enjoyed her soap crayons so much we would try a coloring book and crayons that I had also put up for a later time. She loves to color. Every night when she comes home from daycare she points to her coloring book and crayons. She has to be supervised while coloring because she has a tendency to color the floors as well.



February 23, 2008
MaKayla and Mommy snuggling in bed together. I really enjoy the bonding time that I get with MaKayla. I can’t do as much with her since I am on bed rest so I eat up every opportunity I get. Okay, videos seem to help her want to spend more time with me. Can you blame a Mom for bribing with videos for some extra bonding time?




February 23, 2008
Andy came in the bedroom and asked me if I knew where MaKayla was. She wasn’t in the bedroom with me so Andy when on a hunt to find her. She found a way to get the gate to the stair open and had gone downstairs. Andy found her lying in a chair watching a car show. She is such a little stinker! Of course, Andy ran to get the camera. When he told me where she was he was beaming from ear to ear that she was sitting and watching a car show.


February 18, 2008
After seeing my friend Shannon’s blog I was reminded that MaKayla had some soap crayons that I had put up until she was old enough to use them. Actually, I had forgotten all about them. I wasn’t sure if she would know what to do with them but she loves them. As soon as she gets in the bathtub she points to her crayons. She leaves her little Picasso drawings for me to see and enjoy. It is so much fun to watch her develop!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

MaKayla is getting so big - it's been a few months since I've seen her. Aren't those bath crayons fun? Lydia would play with those all night if I would let her (and if the water didn't get cold!) They are a pain to clean, but worth it for the enjoyment they get! I love the pics of MaKayla and Andy building a snowman. Precious!

Katie said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Tell her to slow down..
She is really developing quickly. I loved the snowman that she and Andy built. Very cute! Way to go Dad! It sounds like she is an aspiring artist! I can't wait to see more of her work! She is a blessing :)

Roxanne Hanna said...

She is so cute. I love her cute baby mullet. I wish Logan would grow one, but he thinks bald is in. If you get the washable crayons it will come out. They have markers that only write on special paper so kids can't color on your walls, floor, face, clothes, cats, dogs, T.V., couch, doors, ect... She might like those.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lindsay said...

how awesome is that? you can draw on the tub!!! ya know i soooo gotta get ayden some of those soap crayons!!! =) way too cool!!!

MaKayla is tooo cute!!!!