Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Visit From Grandpa


July 17, 2009 - My Grandpa came up to visit and see our new place. He is not the type of person to sit around so of course he earned his keep while he was with us =). MaKayla and Noah enjoyed taking turns on the mower with Grandpa. It was like looking back in time when I was a little girl sitting on my Grandpa's lap while he cut the grass. It was awesome to see my children enjoy the same things with Grandpa that has given me so many fond memories!

Noah's turn on the mower!

Grandpa cut down the two burning bushes that had overtaken the front of the garage and one on the side of the house. Andy pulled the stumps out with his truck and a chain.

Grandpa and Andy cutting the evergreens.

MaKayla is curled up with Grandpa while he reads her a book.

Grandpa and Noah
Grandpa was tired after a long day outside working in the yard. He laid on the couch to watch the Nascar races and MaKayla decided to join him. She even covered him up with a blanket. It was so cute! This was another time that I can look back in time and see myself.

July 18, 2009 - In the morning, MaKayla discovered Grandpa's bird tattoos on his chest. I loved these tattoos when I was her age.

Grandpa, MaKayla and Noah

My Grandpa and I

Grandpa and Andy
It was nice having my Grandpa up for a visit. The time went by in the blink of an eye! I look forward to his next visit!

No comments: